Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Good Report!


Hey y'all-
Just wanted to update everyone about how we are doing here at home...we went today for Cooper's 2 week appointment and got a great review from the doctor! Cooper has gained 12 oz in the last 9 days and now weighs 7 lbs 2 oz which we are very happy about! It is nice to know that I am providing enough sustenance for the little guy. Ryan and I have really been enjoying all of the family time we have been blessed with and are finally daring enough to venture out of the house from time to time. Cooper seems to be developing a pretty good schedule, thanks to the Baby Wise mantra, and has somewhat figured out days and nights and is getting some well-needed shut-eye during the night hours. Other than hanging out with Coop and one another, we have been slowly trying to get some packing done since we leave for Cincinnati in less than 2 weeks! I can't believe I am moving to the North!!!!!!!!!! We are really excited about being close to family and about starting residency in a couple of months, but the task of packing up our house is pretty daunting. I am going to post a few more pics of our precious for your enjoyment and hopefully those of you who haven't had the privilege of meeting him will get to see him in person soon! Lots of love...
Katie

3 comments:

Joel, Hillary, Camden and Kendall said...

He has the prettiest skin! Looks like he already has a tan! :) We're glad things are going well for you! Keep posting those precious pictures!

The Novaks

Allison said...

Man, I FINALLY found this after looking at your (big Ryan's) Facebook profile yet again!
What a handsome young man you guys have! Good that he stayed little while he was in the womb, cause those Pettit boys grow quickly!
Katie, we've not yet had the pleasure of meeting, but congratulations (and good job!) to you! Ryan's a great guy, so you must be fabulous, and now you've got a darned cute little one to enjoy!

Courtney said...

I'm so thankful that precious Cooper is doing well! I can't wait to meet him in person next week. You guys will have him at graduation, right? If not I will come by some time on Friday.
They will let you fly with breasr milk in a bottle but they are CERTAINLY funny about it. Since Harrison wasn't with me, I didn't have milk with me- just the pump- and they acted all crazy about just that! I know you can have milk/formula for an infant though! I can't believe you're moving so soon!